This job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States and Canada.
We are looking for a software engineer with Ruby and Rails experience to join our Test Automation team. This is a small team (2 people) and you'd be expected to be a self-starter and manager of one. The ideal person is comfortable writing applications with Ruby on Rails, working within TestUnit, RSpec, Capybara and FactoryGirl.
Why Work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience writing unit, integration, and feature tests in Ruby.
- A pragmatic problem solver with a passion for well-implemented solutions.
- Able to troubleshoot and optimize test failures, and build consistency issues.
- Able to investigate intermittent CI server failures due to infrastructure shortcomings.
- Able to communicate effectively with developers regarding specs and infrastructure changes/updates.
- Able to effectively manage time; balance failure investigation with completing sprint tasks.
- Experience with FactoryGirl, and how to optimize factories for ideal spec data creation.
- Detail oriented mindset - you care deeply about the little things.
- Experience with OAuth, Elasticsearch, Redis, MySQL.
- CircleCI, Docker, Jenkins, AWS experience is a plus.
- Work remotely provided you have 5 hours of overlap with the team in the U.S. Our core hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST.
- 5% travel time required per year to company HQ and events.
Here's what you can expect to work on
- Work on the unit, integration and feature suites for dozens of web applications.
- Optimization and stabilization of a large, automated test suite.
- Deploy and maintain CI servers.
- Work closely with the DevOps team to improve the CI infrastructure.
A few facts about us
- We deploy our applications to production on average 35 times per day.
- We have over 250 private repositories in Github, ranging from forks of gems, our own internal gems as well as auxiliary applications.
- Our production stack is hosted on AWS and QA clusters on DigitalOcean.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured "hack days" periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
About the Technical Stack
- Full medical, vision, dental for you and your family.
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives.
- 3+ weeks of vacation (another week off during the December Holidays)
- 401K and flexible spending accounts.
- Life insurance and disability insurance coverage.
- Brand new MacBook Pro.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- All-company trips in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.