Why work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
Fun facts about the data science team
- We have access to one of the richest healthcare datasets in the world, with deep information on hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals and their connections.
- We build code that addresses user needs, solves business problems, and streamlines internal processes.
- The members of our team bring a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Business decisions at Doximity are driven by our data, analyses, and insights.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- We like to have fun - company outings, team lunches, and happy hours!
Here's what you can expect
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, analysts, data scientists, and other developers to define and complete data projects.
- Show off your coding skills by creating data products from scratch and streamlining/automating existing code.
- Leverage Doximity's extensive data sets to identify and classify behavioral patterns of medical professionals on our platform.
- Play a key role in creating both product- and client-facing analytics.
- Grow into a presentation/communication-focused role or dive deeper into more-involved technical challenges - the choice is yours.
- Learn from experienced mentors and build your technical and non-technical skill sets.
What we expect
- B.S. or M.S. in quantitative field with 2-4 years of experience;
- Decent knowledge of statistics and visualization;
- Fluent in SQL and python. These skills are an absolute must;
- Comfortable with UNIX command line interface and standard programming tools (vim/emacs, git, etc.);
- Excellent problem solving skills and a strong attention to detail;
- Ability to manage time well and prioritize incoming tasks from different stakeholders;
- Fast learner; curiosity about and passion for data;
- Prior exposure to machine learning techniques (regressors, classifiers, etc) is a plus;
- Experience leveraging Apache Spark to perform analyses or process data is a plus.
- Full medical, vision, dental for you and your family.
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives.
- 3+ weeks of vacation (another week off during the December Holidays)
- 401K and flexible spending accounts.
- Life insurance and disability insurance coverage.
- Brand new computer.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- All-company trips in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
- Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members.
- Putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system.
- VC-backed startup located in SoMa San Francisco.
- Strong revenues, real market traction.
- Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC).
- After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.