Public Relations Manager
Doximity is the leading social network for physicians and advanced practice clinicians. With over 70% of all U.S. doctors as members, our network is changing the way doctors communicate. And we’re just getting started!
We are building a world-class communications team and looking for a PR manager to support our media relations efforts. This person will focus on driving top-shelf press for key product areas, our data research initiatives and our clinician marketing efforts. This individual will also play an important role in supporting our customers as press references, and help to document how doctors are getting value from using our network.
A passion for healthcare, storytelling and the written word are essentials. And if you are news savvy, comfortable with numbers and data, and love working with reporters, then this is the perfect job for you!
Specific responsibilities include
• Driving media placements across key product areas and for our quarterly research projects.
• Managing press opportunities through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople and tracking through the publishing process.
• Working directly with customers and clinician members of the Doximity network to develop them as press references.
• Driving customer and product news announcements. This includes developing outreach plans, writing, coordinating press pitching with our agency partners, and recap reporting.
• Managing PR agency day-to-day on key maintenance items, such as editorial calendars, award submissions, and executive speaker’s bureau.
Background and skills
• 5-7 years in public relations, ideally with a mix of in-house and PR agency experience. Healthcare or digital healthcare background is preferred
• A consistent track record of pitching and securing top-tier press. Excellent relationships at business outlets, key dailies, healthcare trade publications, technology and broadcast outlets.
• Strong storytelling skills, and the ability to translate complex ideas into compelling narratives that are clean and simple.
• Stellar writing and editing skills. Able to write in a consumer-friendly language that resonates with reporters.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to hit deadlines
• Comfortable working across internal teams, and with external partners and agencies to achieve results.
• Passion and enthusiasm for the healthcare field. And a great sense of humor!
• Proficiency with MS Office, Google Drive, Cision, and PR Newswire. Familiarity with AIRpr for reporting metrics is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English or Economics preferred
“Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.”