This position is open to local applicants in San Francisco, CA or residents of the United States. Sorry, no international applicants at this time.
Why Work at Doximity?
Doximity is rewiring healthcare and is the 6th fastest growing technology company in North America. Here's how clinicians use our products. For us, transparency is key, so ensuring your goals and values align with ours is also an important step. Take a look at how we Work at Doximity.
A few fun facts about us
- We have a small mobile team that is growing and each member has a key role in our applications.
- We have more Android apps than Android developers, so be assured that you will learn and be challenged daily.
- Hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals will utilize the products you build.
- We host unstructured "hack days" periodically, which is time reserved for you to scratch a code itch.
- A couple times a year we run a co-op where you can pick a few people you'd like to work with and drive a specific company goal.
- Our mentorship program ensures you're immersed in the team culture early on.
- You will be one of the main decision makers for our Android applications and will be in a prime position to make a big difference.
About the Technical Stack
- We encourage new technologies and invest in the knowledge of our team through weekly knowledge sharing meetings and other resources
- We use cutting edge technologies and architectures like RxJava, Data Binding, MVP, MVVM
- We are open to integrating 3rd-party libraries if we have positive proof of its benefit to the app or the code base, and we use many of the well-known and stable libraries like OkHttp, Retrofit, Picasso, etc
- We contribute to the community as well as our team by open-sourcing some of the useful parts of our apps
- We follow Google guidelines and suggested patterns using Material Design and Support Libraries
- We run an in-house GCM server to track, customize, and deploy push notifications to our users
- You can find more details about our engineering stack and engineering blog.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience: You have at least 3 years of professional experience developing software for Android platform.
- Pragmatic: A problem solver with a passion for well-implemented solutions.
- Fast Learner: You're a software engineer who thrives on applying their knowledge and learning new technologies.
- You care about the product and don’t ignore potential pitfalls during design and implementation
- You are on top of the latest Android updates and understand new technologies as they become available
- You have a deep understanding of standard Android design patterns and RESTful API design
- We would love for you to show evidence of your work - preferably open-source contributions on Github, or elsewhere on the web.
Here's what you can expect
- Collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and other developers to drive mobile projects from beginning to end
- Work in tandem with the web team to design flexible APIs that are used to power our apps
- Develop clean, modular code that can be reused across multiple apps
- Upgrade our code base to take advantage of the latest Android SDK updates, while maintaining backward compatibility with previous versions
- Maintain a high quality of code by monitoring, reporting, and troubleshooting bugs
- Encourage growth within the team by participating in mentorship and thorough code reviews
- Write automated Unit and Instrumentation tests to catch bugs before they’re released
- Full medical, vision, dental for you and your family.
- Stock, pre-IPO stock incentives.
- 3+ weeks of vacation (another week off during the December Holidays)
- 401K and flexible spending accounts.
- Life insurance and disability insurance coverage.
- Brand new MacBook Pro.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- All-company trips in fun places like Beverly Hills, Lake Tahoe, and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.