This job is open to applicants residing anywhere within the United States or Canada.
Doximity is changing how doctors communicate. We’ve built the largest social network of physicians and advanced practice clinicians, with over 70% of US physicians as verified members, and we’re just getting started. We believe that when physicians are connected, patients benefit and the healthcare system improves.
It's an exciting time in our growth trajectory and we’re looking for a full-time Payroll Specialist who will have the broad responsibilities necessary to ensure timely and accurate North American payroll processing as well as making sure our Accounts Payable are managed correctly and on-time.
A passion for digital health, customer service, and process automation are essentials. If you love partnering with employees, digging into the nuances of payroll laws, and driving efficiencies then this is the perfect job for you!
- Accurate and timely processing of North American semi-monthly and bi-weekly payrolls for more than 200 employees in 30+ states. Responsibilities include: partnering with Human Resources to update and maintain employee records, process leaves and terminations, data entry and file imports (commissions, bonus and benefits), prepare payroll previews, reconciliations and variance analyses, and respond to payroll audits.
- Lead implementation of Payroll module of ADP WorkforceNow for 2018 go live.
- Facilitate prompt response to employee inquiries, but endeavor for scalability by providing resources that allow employees to self-serve on frequent topics.
- Maintain accurate payroll records and partner with Human Resources department to ensure complete and accurate employee personnel files.
- Own timely submission of payroll tax registrations, filings and reporting (e.g., W-2s, state registrations and unemployment filings).
- Communicate proactively with Human Resources, Finance and functional departments to better understand and anticipate internal customers’ payroll related needs and to facilitate accurate forecasting and accruals.
- Ensure ADP is appropriately configured to reflect current employee base, including wages, benefits, taxes, sick and vacation time policies.
- Manage our vendor network.
- Own Accounts Payable payment runs, and review for accuracy within invoices.
- Coordinate with the Senior Accountant to ensure accruals are properly in place, as well as investigating month-to-month expense discrepancies.
- Review and pay expense reports using our Expensify software within our set company deadlines.
- Propose changes to current processes that will allow us to streamline monthly close activities.
- Ownership of end-of-year tax filings (includes 1099-Misc)
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting or finance.
- 2+ years of payroll experience, recent ADP experience preferred
- Full cycle AP experience a plus
- Superior attention to detail
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and problem solve
- Knowledge of accounting principles and revenue recognition
- Proficient in Excel
Benefits & perks:
- Comprehensive/rich medical, dental, vision coverage
- Pre-IPO stock incentives
- 3+ weeks of PTO
- 12 company holidays, including company shutdown in December
- 401K and flexible spending accounts
- Life, AD&D and disability coverage
- Fully ergonomic setup (chairs and stand-up desks)
- Free lunch, snacks and beverages
- Commuter benefits
- Work from home Wednesdays
- Rooftop game room and deck with a beautiful view of SF skyline
Doximity is the leading online medical network with over 70% of U.S. doctors as members. We have strong revenues, profits, real market traction, and we’re putting a dent in the inefficiencies of our $2.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system. After the iPhone, Doximity is the fastest adopted product by doctors of all time. Launched by Jeff Tangney in 2011; Jeff previously founded healthcare pioneer Epocrates (NASDAQ: EPOC). Our beautiful offices are located in SoMa San Francisco.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.